Evolution of an icon; the improved BOW3512E.
The solid motor coupling of the D-series will be replaced with a flexible rubber coupling to eliminate motor vibrations. This is a similar coupling to the BOW55, with exception of the input shaft as they differ in size. The tailpieces will use the same splines as found in the BOW55. The new BOW2512E will also feature a new motor, making them more energy efficient than the outgoing BOWxx12D models. To accommodate the flexible coupling, the flange height will increase by 30 mm. Apertures in the flange enable easy checking of the coupling. Last but not least, the flange face will change from triangular to round, allowing the motor to be rotated in steps of 90° as opposed to the current steps of 120°, and creating uniformity in the entire DC bow thruster range.Highlights
- Flexible coupling between tailpiece and motor eliminates vibrations.
- New motor is more energy efficient
- Easy to install
- Single propeller creates less flow disturbance in the tunnel
- VETUS unique propeller blade design minimises cavitation noise
- Strong synthetic propeller is resistant to corrosion and reduces weight
- Spiral gears minimise transmission noise
- Meets EMC requirements
Dimensions – 285x209x498